Monday, September 7, 2009

Stamping Memories


Over at Jeanette Lyntons blog she talked about her first stamp set, the one that started her on the way to forefront of the scrapbooking industry! To celebrate National Stamping month she is having a contest for any who want to enter. She wants you to take a walk down memory lane and remember the first stamp set you bought that got you hooked!
I found the earliest Close To My Heart Idea Book I had and found my first set! It's called "In Friendships Garden." The Idea Book was dated 2003-2004. The stamps were still mounted on wooden blocks then. Also I included on layout I made with the set. Man, I've come a long ways in 6 years! It's fun to think back to those days! I remember I had just moved to a new town and a lady from my ward invited me to a Close To My Heart party. That's all it took for me, the girls were super sweet and we had a lot of fun! I wanted a way to preserve my memories beautifully and share in these close friendships. Since them I have made many dear friends through scrapbooking and Close To My Heart. I have also filled several albums with beautiful memories!
It was really fun to look at the old Idea book. Somethings have changed a little and some things are still the way we love them! I think as a whole the scrapbooking industry has made beautiful strides! There are some amazingly creative minds out there that have brought us many great things!
Visit Jeanette's blog and enter yourself into the drawing she has to celebrate stamping! I'd love to see your stamp sets and artwork as well!

(I'm not sure why this picture is upside down but I could't figure out how to fix it...oops and sorry. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment